New Orleans Criminal Defense Attorneys
Our New Orleans criminal defense lawyers have decades of experience defending individuals in a broad spectrum of criminal cases. If you are accused of a crime, even the accusation can be frightening as answer questions from law enforcement and are subjected to investigation. Being arrested is traumatic both for you and your family. After the arrest, you will have to navigate the criminal justice process and you may be overwhelmed with all of the procedural steps involved - from bail hearings to plea negotiations to pre-trial motions to court proceedings - to determine your innocence or guilt.
In every step of the criminal justice process, from the initial investigation of a potential crime through trial and appeal, you have legal rights. Many of these rights are guaranteed by the Constitution or state law and are designed to ensure that you are treated as innocent until proven guilty. In order to understand and enforce your legal rights, to build a case to avoid conviction, to negotiate a fair plea deal, or to otherwise achieve the most favorable outcome possible, you need an experienced New Orleans criminal defense attorney.
New Orleans Criminal Defense Lawyers at J.C. Lawrence
The earlier you contact a New Orleans criminal defense attorney, the better we can help defend you. At J.C. Lawrence and Associates, our dedicated New Orleans criminal defense lawyers defend clients in Jefferson County and throughout the New Orleans area. We can help your criminal defense by:
- Protecting your rights during a criminal investigation
- Representing your rights when arrested, including during arraignment and bail hearings
- Helping you to argue for reasonable bond so you can be released prior to a pending trial
- Working to get charges dropped if there is insufficient evidence or if evidence was illegally collected
- Negotiating a plea arrangement if you do not wish to take your case to court
- Exploring alternatives to conviction including diversion or first-time offender programs for certain offenses
- Building the best possible defense to avoid conviction. Remember, you don’t have to prove you are innocent; the prosecutor must prove you are guilty. We will raise issues creating reasonable doubt or otherwise build a defense for you.
- Representing you if law enforcement has violated your rights in any way. For instance, evidence collected illegally can be “suppressed” or kept out of court. We help you enforce the Constitutional protections against unreasonable search and seizure, self-incrimination, and other due process violations.
Our New Orleans criminal defense attorneys have decades of experience and have successfully represented defendants in hundreds of cases. We are former district attorneys and public defenders and have argued cases before the Supreme Court and held positions in the Office of Special Counsel. We have defended hundreds of people accused of a variety of crimes including:
- White Collar and Federal Crimes
- Drug Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Armed Robbery
- Murder and Attempted Murder
- DWI and DUI Crimes
- Traffic Tickets
Contact a New Orleans Criminal Defense Lawyer at J.C. Lawrence & Associates
If you’ve been accused of a crime or are under investigation, do not hesitate to get the legal help you need. Contact a New Orleans criminal defense attorney at J.C. Lawrence and Associates, LLC today to learn about how we can help.