New Orleans Personal Injury Attorneys
When you suffer a serious injury, medical treatment can be very expensive. Moreover, your injuries may cause you to permanently or temporarily be unable to work, which can significantly add to your financial loss. Of course, neither of these losses compare to the catastrophic effect of an injury that causes the death of a loved one. Surviving family members may be left without financial support, emotional support or companionship.
Any serious personal injury is devastating, but it is especially difficult when the injury occurred because of someone else’s negligence. In these situations, the state of Louisiana allows injured victims and their family members to file a civil lawsuit to recover compensation for personal injury damages and loss.
Experienced New Orleans Personal Injury Attorneys
Louisiana law permits injured victims to seek full compensation for personal injuries, including payment for medical bills, lost wages, emotional distress, pain and suffering, wrongful death and loss of companionship. However, recovering these damages is not an easy process.
Typically, when you sustain an injury, you first will first file a claim with the insurance company. The insurer may use a host of tactics to minimize the amount of your claim or avoid paying you anything at all. Insurance companies may deny fault, stretch out negotiations until the time has passed to file a lawsuit or lowball you to get you to agree to a settlement offer that is far below the amount of compensation you deserve.
Because insurance companies and negligent parties often try to avoid paying their fair share, it is important to retain a New Orleans personal injury lawyer to help you pursue your personal injury claim. The New Orleans personal injury attorneys at J.C. Lawrence and Associates work diligently to obtain the full and fair compensation their clients deserve so they can be “made whole” after an injury.
How Our New Orleans Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You Recover Compensation for Your Injuries
At J.C. Lawrence and Associates, our dedicated New Orleans personal injury attorneys will guide you through all aspects of your personal injury claim. We can help you to:
- Gather evidence to prove your case, including evidence from the scene of the accident/injury so you can prove who was at fault.
- Interview witnesses, including eyewitnesses who saw your injury occur and other fact witnesses such as emergency personnel.
- Retain experts such as accident reconstruction experts, medical experts, economic experts and other experts who are necessary to prove the defendant’s negligence and the extent of your damages.
- Negotiate a settlement with the defendant or insurance company if you want to avoid taking your case to trial.
- Advocate at trial to prove that the defendant was liable and show the jury the severity of your injuries so you can get the maximum compensation available to you under Louisiana law.
As your New Orleans personal injury attorneys, we can handle every aspect of your claim. We will represent you tirelessly and you pay legal fees only if we are successful in recovering compensation for you.
Contact us today to learn more about the services we provide and how we can help you get justice for your personal injury.